Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beach Theme Tutoring

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have tutored students when I can.  I enjoy tutoring as I can use my teaching gifts, help a student and family, and earn a little income for our family. It is a win-win! Recently this spring I had the privilege to tutor a fourth grade talented student. When Baby Brother joined our family I took a little break from tutoring, then this week I picked it up again.

During the summer I try to make the tutoring sessions as fun as possible. I recently discovered Teachers pay Teachers. It is an online marketplace where teachers buy and sell original downloadable educational materials, hard goods and used educational resources. It is an awesome site! There are many free lessons and activities available. I found two great multiplication games to use in tutoring. Then I had an idea to play "Multiplication Toss". I found a beach ball at the Dollar Tree that I wrote numbers on. We tossed the ball to each other and whatever numbers our thumbs landed we multiplied those two numbers together.

Overall we had a fun time together pretending we were at the beach!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Sounds like you are a fun tutor! The beach ball multiplying is great. Thanks for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...