Sunday, March 25, 2012

My 1st Muffin Tin Meal

This week we worked on a few Spring activities when we actually did "preschool stuff". To be real honest, as we get closer to meeting blessing #3 in about a month this mama is losing steam. Overall, I feel great, just getting a little tired. Thankfully my boys are flexible and roll with the punches.

One thing I did get really excited about this week is Muffin Tin Meals. I have seen a ton of great ideas that my fellow blogging mama friends are doing with their kiddos and food. So I thought I would check it out. I found this great site called Muffin Tin Mom where this awesome blogging mama hosts a weekly linky party with great ideas to make meals for kids in muffin tins.

On her blog, you'll find:
  • Easy snack ideas for kids
  • "Cute food" and "food art"
  • Official Home of Muffin Tin Meals/Muffin Tin Monday: (the American version of the Japanese bento box meal) - a meal served in a muffin tin (or cupcake pan) for kids.
  • Crafty and creative ideas, projects, and activities to do with your kids
  • Activities and posts are primarily for parents of young children, but adaptable for all ages
  •  Easy recipes
So I decided to give it a whirl! At the time I didn't have two muffin tins to use for both of the boys, so I decided just to use muffin liners. The boys LOVED it! They both gobbled up both of their lunches, especially the m &ms for desert. I love the idea making meals more fun and a way to introduce new foods in a fun way.

Here is my 1st muffin tin meal! In honor of Spring related activities I used one of our 101 cookie cutters to make their sandwich in the shape of a flower. I included cheese, cheerios, craisins, whales and m&ms. I presented lunch this way numerous times this week and each day both JP and CA seemed to enjoy it.


This weekend I hit the Dollar Tree and found two muffin tins with six sections. I also found Easter muffin liners. :) Yea! I also got a major surge of energy one night this past week and reorganized my pantry. Now all of the items I need for baking, crafting, and muffin meals are all in one place! I am looking forward to making more Muffin Tin Meals this week for the boys.

This awesome container needed a new purpose, so off to my pantry it goes. I like to label things with masking tape as it does not leave a sticky residue.

This is the drawer with all of my muffin liners! I am excited to use them in the future!
Linked up to








8 comments:

  1. Fun! My kids love muffin tin meals too. I need to organize my cookie cutters and other lunch items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are one of my blogging mama friends who inspired me! So thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Great first tin. I didn't know about the whales. I have to look for them next time I grocery shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica! It has been a lot of fun to make these this past week! Our family thinks whales are more cheesy flavored than goldfish, and they are less expensive. A win-win for us. We buy them at Walmart. :)

      Delete
  3. I love how you have things organized. I love muffin tin meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been fun to have it all more organized and more accessible. I am loving making muffin tin meals. :)

      Delete
  4. Trina, this is so much fun! I love that you are doing muffin tin meals now! And you are so organized!! Your post inspired me to make Boogie's flower one because I do so love doing them. Hope you're feeling well today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sierra! I am honored that I inspired YOU as YOU inspire me all the time in your posts. Thanks for your kind words! I am really enjoying muffin tin meals now and the Muffin Tin Mom website is so fun! I do hope you are well and enjoying your blogging break. I do miss you, but love that you are taking care of you and yours!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...