Monday, January 23, 2012

Gentleness Challenge-Week 4

 Proverbs 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.”

This month's Gentleness Challenge has definitely stretched my thinking and provided a needed challenge for me. I never realized just how much I needed to work on gentleness until I started reading the amazing posts and tips at http://womenlivingwell.org/. Courtney always says things that resonate with me and challenge me. Feel free to hop over to her blog to read the full post today. :)

This week she writes about having a role model in the area of gentleness. Her role model tries to “praise her children 10 times more than she corrects them.” She also challenged us to praise our children specifically for the right things we see them doing. I have really been working on these 2 tips just this morning and I can say we had a more calm Monday morning. She also challenges us to whisper when we get angry and that one is really working for me! Just last week JP said to me, "Why are we whispering?!?" To which I replied, "I am whispering to your brother, so I won't yell at him." To which JP said, "Well, can you just talk louder so I can hear you?!?!" I had to laugh at that point!

I want to be a mom that is gentle, loving, and kind to the most amazing blessings given to me in my life: my tender children! May I honor God in all that I say and do!

How is the gentleness challenge going for you? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section! 
Happy Gentle Mothering!  
Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...