Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wreath of Thanks

So I have been wanting to incorporate a fun, family craft night for awhile now and tonight we did a craft all together! So much fun!

I got this idea from the MomSense, Publication of MOPS International, November/December 2011 Issue on page 4.

We traced each family member's hands onto construction paper. Then we listed things each person is thankful for on the fingers of the paper "leaves". We cut a hole out of a paper plate to make a circle shape, you could use any sturdy cardboard material. Then we cut out the hands and glued the hands around the wreath. I then punched a hole in the top of the wreath, strung a ribbon through it and hung it on our door. Such a fun night!

CA and JP coloring their "hands".
I am linking this post to Living Life Intentionally-TGIF Linky Party. You can click on the link or on the button on the side bar to get there to see other amazing crafts and activities!

I am also linking up at Toys in the Dryer- Fun Stuff Fridays. Thanks for inviting me to share!

In November 2012 Linked up to:
Full Hands, Full Hearts

4 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this idea!! I've seen thankful stuff & hand wreaths, but seeing them combined is AWESOME! I am sharing this my Facebook readers - https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957 - Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I am you 2nd follower =-) Have a GREAT Thanksgiving & we'll see you next week,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Thanksgiving is such a great holiday to teach children the wonderful things in their lives which they should be thankful for. My kids would love this project!
    Would you please share this with my readers for Fun STuff Fridays linky party??
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a great idea!! I'm also sharing it on Facebook--http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whole-Child-Creative-Curriculum/215417658510900! I can't wait to do it with my kiddos!

    Carla @ Whole Child Creative Curriculum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Carla! It was super fun to do and it has added such a fun element to our front door! I am now following your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...